Monday, October 03, 2005

Sports Nut

This was a weekend of sports firsts for my 2-year-old daughter Samantha. First we went to a local mall for some indoor mini-golf. The place scored extra points for being a blacklit, glow-in-the-dark course that gave away free bracelets after playing. On the 16th hole she scored a true 2, with no hands touching the ball and no nepotistic scoring system from daddy.

Later in the day we played baseball together for the first time. Baseball is my favorite sport, so this was an important event. While her hand-eye coordination is fledgling, her bat speed was tremendous! You can be sure that if/when she connects with the ball, it will go a loooooong way. At one point she said, "Daddy, I will teach you how to play now. You go like this." The lesson was very good, and much appreciated by daddy.

Speaking of Samantha quotes, here are a few other zingers from the past week:

-"Oooooh, a grasshopper! I ever so will not touch it."
-"Daddy, you're all naked!" (I had shorts on, but no shirt)
-"I'm going to touch your nipples now." (She did)
-"It does not fly anymore. It is very dead." (A butterfly she brought inside; her diagnosis was correct)
-"The elephant sings the night song." (I have no idea)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: