Tuesday, November 22, 2005

A new hope?

I met with the elders of our church last night for over an hour, discussing almost all of the core issues and brainstorming on things we can do to turn things around. I went in with the intention of resigning as a deacon, and came out still a deacon, and with some hope that there is still a chance for this congregation to be healthy and growing. It's not a naive hope, and I still realize the odds may not be in our favor, but that's not bringing me down right now. It's sorta like the scene in Dumb and Dumber, when Lloyd finally declares his love for Mary:

Lloyd: What are the chances of a guy like you and a girl like me... ending up together?
Mary: Not good.
Lloyd: You mean not good like one out of a hundred?
Mary: I'd say more like one in a million.
Lloyd: (Long pause). So you're telling me there's a chance! Yeah, I read you!

I'm Lloyd today, and one in a million sounds a whole lot better than what I was thinking 24 hours ago.

p.s. -- If any family members are reading this, and want to know what to get Samantha for Christmas, please use the link below as an example of what NOT to buy. Thanks.

Bad Gifts For Toddlers

No comments: