Thursday, June 08, 2006

Heavy and light

First, an update on the heavy stuff:

1) Jamie got a nasty stomach virus Monday night and was out of commission for a while. She's feeling better but doesn't have all her strength back.

2) Jack is recovering from an ear infection, and he started with the stomach trouble today. Took him almost 12 months before he vomited, but I guess there's a first time for everything.

3) Samantha had been limping pretty badly since last Thursday, complaining of a sore left ankle. I took her to the doctor yesterday, he looked at her for 30 seconds and said she'd be fine. Today she hardly had a limp at all.

4) My job transition is going far more slowly than I would like. It will be at least a few more days before my job description and compensation are finalized.

"This too shall pass", right?

And now for the lighter stuff. Every few weeks I post something funny on the wall outside my office. Sometimes it's a list of quotes, sometimes short jokes, and I'm even thinking of putting epitaphs up soon. Right now it's a list of funny bumper stickers:

I brake for scholars, priests, and no apparent reason

Watch out for the idiot behind me!

Saw it, wanted it, threw a fit, Got It!!

Don't drink and park - accidents cause people.

Don't follow me I am LOST!!!

I don't drive fast; I fly low

I just filled up my car with gasoline. Now it's worth $50.

No comments: