Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Time for transition

In a previous post (linked here) I mentioned that we were on the verge of leaving the congregation we've been a part of for seven years. Last night I officially handed in my resignation as a deacon, and this coming Sunday will be our last at this church.

It's been a long road to this point, but we can honestly say that we tried to make things work for us, tried not to be a burden, and made this decision based on lots of prayer and reflection.

We are excited about what lies ahead, and getting the chance to just be Christians for a while, visiting several other nearby congregations. I truly believe that God has "one church" (although I won't share here how many congregations and denominations fall into that... hint, I think there are a bunch), so now it's just a matter of which group of people we unite with in regular worship, service, study and life.

No comments: