Tuesday, March 13, 2007

More from the office wall

Here's the latest round of stuff to elicit visitors and conversations in my office -- these have been posted outside my door. They're all from www.overheardintheoffice.com and are supposedly true.

Secretary: I can write memos like it's my job.
Boss: That is your job.

Co-worker #1: What is our Vision Statement?
Co-worker #2: It says here, "Our Vision is to always be true to our Vision."

Teller: I haven't decided yet if I'm going to see The Da Vinci Code. I want to see it, but if I do I'll feel like I'm... supporting. You know?
Bank VP: ...Supporting?
Teller: The Devil! (long pause...)
Bank VP: Tom Hanks is the devil?

Office Manager: The first rule of thumb is that two geotechnical engineers will always give you two different answers. The second rule of thumb is that I'm always right.
Interns: Hahahahahahahahah! (pause...)
Office Manager: I'm being serious.

Canadian: Is there anything I should know about Cuban business customs before we get started?
Translator: No.

(Girl with tray of espressos walks in and hands one to each person.)

Canadian: I don't drink coffee.
Translator: You do today.

No comments: