Sunday, September 09, 2007

Camera tricks

I don't have a single artistic bone in my body. Well, maybe the equivalent of some small bone, like the fifth metatarsal or something. I did have some artistic flair in my pickoff move as a baseball pitcher.

But when it comes to drawing, painting, sculpting or carving, I'm useless. Photography too... or so I thought.

Our new camera has a "color accent" feature, where you can select a single color to show up in the picture, while everything else stays black and white. Sounds weird, but we've enjoyed playing with it. And who knows, after another few hundred pictures we might even discover some buried artistic talent:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

4 comments:

Bob Barbanes: said...

Those Canon PowerShot cameras are great. They take great shots and fit in a shirt pocket. I've got the SD600 and I love it.

Once, down in Guanaja, one of our guests wanted to take a panoramam-type shot. He takes out his PowerShot SD600. The boss pulls his SD600 out of his shirt pocket, then I whip out my own! We laughed because we'd all bought the same camera (independantly). All of the photos on my blog were taken with the SD600. There are better cameras out there (like the 800!), but all of the PowerShots are great values. (End of commercial plug.)

Now that you've got my curiosity piqued, I'll have to start fooling around with that color-accent feature. I've see it, just never messed with it much...yet.

MamaRose said...

WAY TO GO, Bud--I think this is VERY ARTISTIC!!!!! And, I think our (poor) Kodak camera DOES have the same feature, maybe--I'll have to check that out.
I ENJOYED your pictures!!!!! LOVE YA, Mom

FishrCutB8 said...

That's a good looking family, there. Any idea whose they are?

Redlefty said...

Very cool, Bob -- you should definitely try out that feature. I'm sure you could do more with it than I can.