Thursday, August 24, 2006

Breaking news -- cat scratch is not the culprit

So we got a report today from the medical lab that all the cultures for cat scratch have finally come back... negative. It takes weeks to run these cultures, so in the meantime we've been treating it as cat scratch because the liver/spleen sonograms showed punctations, a classic sign of cat scratch. But now we know that's not the reason.

Now Jack is coming off the medicines he's on, since they were targeted to cat scratch and they don't seem to be working anyway.

We are starting all over again with no guesses of what Jack really has. The doctors (we've dealt with four different ones now) think it's probably viral. That doesn't work for me -- I want a positive diagnosis on something. Now.

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

Signed,

Two very tired parents

3 comments:

FishrCutB8 said...

My thoughts and prayers continue to be with you and your family. I so wish there was more that I could offer, my friend. Keep focused, keep praying, keep the faith...God will see you through this.

hardrox said...

Cured or otherwise, you guys are on my "good vibes" list. Hang in there. The ultrasound opened a new door to potential causes, so the ball is still rolling. Hang in there.

Bob Devlin said...

Still sending all the good thoughts your way for everyone. I know how taxing it can be when the little ones are sick. Hope they can figure it out in short order and get Jack better.